Monday 20 August 2018

THE UNTOLD

My heart is bruised
Way more than it should
I fell into sticky mud
Lucky to get out
It seems like stupidity had me
Cause I jumped back in fully awake
I took bullets for
A useless cause
I took stabs for
A worthless reason
I took  hits! kicks!
Why?
For a damned sake!
I hate that I thought once
Talk less of thinking twice!
I rage that I stopped
After I ran as fast as I could
Not only did I stop
I mean that could have been okay
But I turned around!!
And I began taking steps back
Dumb steps!!!!
Was like my neurons were smashed
Because I retraced back
To a reeking vomit
Must have been the dumbest thinking creature
How could I even do such
It’s like leaving a mansion
to a pig style
Disgusting
I’ve been filling the regret jar
Like a donor giving pints of blood
To a leukemia patient
I said it before
I wrote it before
But  I lied to myself
And I didn’t seal it
But now its a song of my every second
I’m gonna stamp and seal
No more naivety
No more stupidness
You can’t be going in and out a muddy pothole
I rather roll on a dusty floor
Than step into this mud
Disgusting
With all the negative emotions
I spit on you!

ABOUT THE POEM
Often times we make mistakes and then regret our choice.
Sometimes, we find it hard to forgive ourselves and overcome our guilt but we still fall into the same mistake.
The girl in the poem above was in the same situation. She struggled until she finally shook off the hold of the mistake she made. She forgave herself and  moved on with her life only for her to fall back to that same mistake.
This single act brought back all the regrets, hurt, feeling of disgust and anger that she could even think of falling back in. With this she makes up her mind to get back up this time never to return to that mistake of a person.
ABOUT THE POET
BESIDES being a student of Political Science Department, University of Lagos, Ovuefe Williams finds time to pen down her thoughts and experience through worded verse. This poem is one of several others she has written. This young woman aspires to change the word with her words and it is no surprise that most of her writings are inspirational or thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment